Home > Get involved > Sponsor a child at Kisima Mixed Secondary School

A key way of supporting the work of Kisima Mixed Secondary School is by sponsoring an individual child for the four years of their education. We ask for a minimum monthly donation of £30 (although the actual monthly cost for each student is £100, so any amount you feel able to give over £30 will be gratefully received).

In return, you will get to find out about the particular child you are helping, through photos and a personal story of their home background and through yearly updates on their progress at school. You can also get to know them by writing and receiving letters, which is a source of great happiness to the child.

Those that are able to visit Kisima can meet their sponsored child at school. Some have even travelled to the child’s home region to meet their family.

You can Sponsor a Child by setting up a monthly Standing Order Authority online with your bank using the following details:

The Educational Frontier Trust
Sort Code: 20-94-48
Account Number: 50942413

You must also complete the following form:

I would like to Sponsor A Child and I will set up a monthly Standing Order Authority for (minimum monthly donation is £30)

Email & Other Electronic Communications
Check this box to confirm that you would like to hear from us with updates and information about sponsored students, alumni and ongoing developments at the School via email and other electronic communications.

I want to Gift Aid my donation/s this year and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to THE EDUCATIONAL FRONTIER TRUST (Charity no. 1087070).

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference. Please notify The Educational Frontier Trust (TEFT) if you:

  • want to cancel this declaration.
  • change your name or home address.
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains. If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your SelfAssessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

All fields marked * must be completed.


If you have any questions about sponsoring a child or completing the donation form please contact Catherine Maina on office@kisima.org. If you would like to donate regularly and receive updates from Kisima School but don’t wish to sponsor a student you can become a Kisima Friend.